Starting dates and places
The BYU Executive MBA program is specifically designed for the working professional who has at least five years of full-time professional, supervisory, or administrative employment and wants to complete a MBA degree by following an evening or weekend model. All applicants must have a competitive GMAT score, a GPA above 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work, a degree from an accredited university or college, and five years full-time managerial experience. Students attend classes year-round for two years with breaks in December and July. Residency week occurs at the beginning of each year on BYU Provo Campus, during which students spend time in intensive course instruction and…
Frequently asked questions
There are no frequently asked questions yet.
The BYU Executive MBA program is specifically designed for the working professional who has at least five years of full-time professional, supervisory, or administrative employment and wants to complete a MBA degree by following an evening or weekend model. All applicants must have a competitive GMAT score, a GPA above 3.0 for the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate work, a degree from an accredited university or college, and five years full-time managerial experience. Students attend classes year-round for two years with breaks in December and July. Residency week occurs at the beginning of each year on BYU Provo Campus, during which students spend time in intensive course instruction and group work. At the end of the second year of the program, students participate in a two week Foreign Business Excursion (FBE) and travel to different locations around the world to visit international businesses.
- Commitment to the mission of BYU and its sponsoring organization, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.BYU's Executive MBA program is committed to developing individuals who will make a difference for good in the world through their service to their families, to their professions, to their church, and to their communities. Membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is not required for admittance into the program, but an understanding of and a commitment to support the Church's mission is necessary. Please refer to the web sites of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the BYU Honor Code for additional information about the mission of BYU and the Church.
- Evidence of management and leadership skills.These skills are evidenced through completion of the Executive MBA application (statement of intent, resume, letters of recommendation), work experience, LDS mission experience (if applicable), and an interview with a member of the admissions committee (interviews are conducted by invitation only, and are offered to applicants the admissions committee deems competitive for admission to the program after review of the completed application). A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience is required. Average work experience for admitted applicants is 11 years.
- Academic ability.The following two factors are considered:
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score. All MBA applicants must take the GMAT; no other test may substitute. The admissions committee pays particular attention to the quantitative (math) score (greater than the 50th percentile is typically necessary); it does not use the analytical (written) portions of the test in the admission process. The average GMAT score for students admitted to the EMBA program is 615; scores below 560 are generally not considered competitive for admission (In certain circumstances, the EMBA admissions will consider waiving the GMAT. Please contact Treavor Peterson, BYU EMBA Recruiting Manager at 801-422-3721 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
- Grade point average (GPA).The admissions committee pays particular attention to the last 60 credit hours of the undergraduate program. The average GPA for the last 60 hours for students admitted to the EMBA program is 3.38.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.International applicants whose degree is awarded outside the United States must submit all official transcripts, diplomas and marksheets to International Education Research Foundation (IERF) for a credential evaluation, which must include a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation and calculation of grade point average (GPA). Contact the BYU Office of Graduate Studies International Specialists at email@example.com with any questions about degree equivalency.
- Completion of the proficiency exams.All admitted
applicants must pass proficiency exams in each of the following
areas by July 1, 2013:
- For International Applicants Only: Strong English
skills as evidenced by the Test of English as a Foreign Language
(TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System
(IELTS).All international students for whom English is NOT the
first language and who receive their undergraduate degree from a
foreign university are required to take either the TOEFL or the
The TOEFL/IELTS requirement is waived for international applicants who receive an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S. university. The degree must not be older than 2 years at the time of enrollment to qualify for the exemption.
The minimum scores required on the TOEFL are:
- TOEFL iBT
Total score of 94 on the internet-based test (minimum score of 22 in Speaking and minimum score of 21 in Listening, Reading, and Writing)
- TOEFL (Computer-based)
- TOEFL (Paper-based)
Overall band score of 7.0 (minimum band score of 6.0 in each module)
The TOEFL/IELTS score is valid for two years. The MBA program requires that TOEFL/IELTS scores be valid as of the date applicants enter the program; for the Fall 2013 application period, TOEFL/IELTS scores are valid for tests taken August 2011 and later.
- TOEFL iBT
There are no reviews yet.
Stay up-to-date on new reviews
Share your reviewDo you have a learning experience with this program? Submit your review and help other people make the right choice. As a thank you for your effort we will donate $1.- to Stichting Edukans.
There are no frequently asked questions yet.