Fogelman College of Business and Economics
101 Wilder Tower
TN 38152-3520 Memphis
Memphis is home to many of America’s greatest companies, and the Fogelman College takes maximum advantage of the metropolitan environment in which it is located. Students are provided opportunities to interact with the business community through real-world, relevant and important projects and internships. When you combine the wealth of real-world experience available to Fogelman College students …
Memphis is home to many of America’s greatest companies, and the Fogelman College takes maximum advantage of the metropolitan environment in which it is located. Students are provided opportunities to interact with the business community through real-world, relevant and important projects and internships. When you combine the wealth of real-world experience available to Fogelman College students with a philosophy geared to make the student more marketable to employers, the result is exceptional graduates who can compete with the best in the world and who are prepared for professionally and financially rewarding positions when they enter the workforce.
The Fogelman College operates under a faculty portfolio model which allows us to effectively educate students at all stages in their education – whether they are undergraduate, masters or doctoral level. Under this unique model, we maximize the individual talents of each faculty member. While all faculty are engaged in varying degrees in relevant research and knowledge generation to solve business problems, some faculty members specialize in educating and inspiring our undergraduate students; others apply their unique talents to executive education and building bridges to the business community; a third group of faculty members find their calling in educating our Ph.D. students. Faculty are recruited or assigned responsibilities to take advantage of their specific skill set, and we constantly evaluate the current and needed skills of our faculty members so we can optimize the knowledge generation and dissemination functions.
Our mission is to offer business education for a diverse student population by teaching a rigorous and relevant business curriculum, supported and strengthened by research and community outreach. Our degree programs serve the workforce needs of the Mid-South region and beyond. Specifically, in order of emphasis,
- Through our MBA program, as well as the Executive MBA, International MBA, and other master’s programs, we prepare students for leadership roles in a technology-driven and globally competitive marketplace.
- We provide an undergraduate program that prepares students for successful careers in today’s technology-driven and globally competitive marketplace and for future graduate studies.
- We offer a Ph.D. program in business administration in selected areas of existing and emerging strengths to prepare students for teaching, research, or professional careers while serving as a research catalyst to stimulate faculty scholarly endeavors.
Our mission is to be achieved by establishing and accomplishing measurable objectives for the following goals:
- Pursue national recognition for programs in the College
- Improve graduate and undergraduate curricula and specify our expectations for student learning
- Attract and retain quality students that meet or exceed those of our peer institutions while maintaining a diverse student body
- Recruit, develop, support, and retain faculty who meet or exceed the teaching and research scholarship of our peer institutions
- Continue to provide faculty and students with opportunities to learn, contribute and interact with the business, government, and nonprofit communities
- Improve career planning and placement services for students and alumni
- Use all resources wisely, while continually increasing internal and external funding for the College
Experience with Fogelman College of Business and Economics?
Did you complete a course or program at Fogelman College of Business and Economics? Help others decide by submitting your review on Springest!
As a thank you, Springest will donate $1.- to the Edukans Foundation.Submit your review
Submit your review
Submit your review and help others decide. As thanks for your effort we will donate $1.- to the Edukans Foundation.
We help you develop yourself.
Springest is the site where you find anything you need to keep learning. For individuals and organisations. Read reviews from other participants and get help from our learning advisors.